Professor of Management Science and Operations
Faculty Director MBA, MiM, and MAM programs
London Business School
1. K. Arifoglu, H. Ren, and T. Tezcan, Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program does not provide the right incentives: Issues and remedies, forthcoming in Management Science
2. K. Delana, N. Savva and T. Tezcan, Proactive Customer Service, forthcoming in MSOM, 2019
3. O. Yildiz, M. Kamali, and T. Tezcan, When to use provider triage in emergency departments, Management Science, 65(3), 1003–1019, 2019.
4. N. Savva, T. Tezcan, and O. Yildiz, Can Yardstick Competition Reduce Waiting Times?, Management Science, 65(7), 3196–3215, 2019.
5. Balaraman, R., T. Tezcan and A. Seidman, Service systems with heterogeneous customers: Investigating the effect of telemedicine on patient care, Management Science, 65(3), 1003–1019, 2019.
6. L. Cui and T. Tezcan, Approximations for chat service systems using many-server diffusion limits, Mathematics of Operations Research (41) 2016, 775-807
7. G. Dobson, T. Tezcan, Optimal sampling strategies in the coupon collector’s problem with unknown population size, Annals of Operations Research, (233) 2015, 77-99.
8. T. Tezcan and J. Zhang, Routing and staffing in customer service chat systems with impatient customers, Operations Research, (61) 2014, 943–956.
9. E. Pinker and T. Tezcan, Determining the optimal configuration of hospital inpatient rooms in the presence of isolation patients, Operations Research, (61) 2013, 1259-1276.
10.G. Dobson, T. Tezcan, V. Tilson, Optimal Workflow Decisions for Investigators in Systems with Interruptions, Management Science, (59) 2013, 1125-1141.
11.T. Tezcan, Stability analysis of N-model systems under a static priority rule, Queueing Systems, (73) 2013, 235-259.
12.J. E. Reed, and T. Tezcan, Hazard Rate Scaling for the GI/M/n+GI Queue, Operations Research, (60) 2012, 981-995.
13.T. Tezcan, Asymptotically Optimal Control of Many-server Heterogeneous Service Systems with $H_2^*$ Service Times, Queueing Systems, (71) 2012, 445-467.
14.T. Tezcan and B. Behzad, Robust design and control of call centers with flexible IVR systems, MSOM (14) 2012, 386-401 .
15.A.L. Stolyar T. Tezcan, Shadow routing based control of flexible multi-server pools on overload, Operations Research, (59) 2011, 1427-1444.
16.J. G. Dai and T. Tezcan, State space collapse in many-server diffusion limits of parallel server systems, Mathematics of Operations Research, (36) 2011, 271-320.
17.G. Baharian and Tolga Tezcan, Stability analysis of parallel server systems under longest queue first, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, 2011, pp. 1-23
18.Gurvich, I., J. Luedtke, and T. Tezcan, Staffing Call-Centers With Uncertain Demand Forecasts: A Chance-Constraints Approach, Management Science, (56) 2010, 1093-1115.
19.A.L. Stolyar and T. Tezcan, Control of systems with flexible multi-server pools: A shadow routing approach, Queueing Systems, (66) 2010, Page 1.
20.J. G. Dai, S. He and T. Tezcan, Many-server diffusion limits for G/Ph/n+GI queues, Annals of Applied Probability, (20) 2010, 1854-1890.
21.T. Tezcan and J.G. Dai, Dynamic Control of N-Systems with Many Servers: Asymptotic Optimality of a Static Priority Policy in Heavy Traffic, Operations Research, (58) 2010, 94–110.
22.T. Tezcan, Instability of FIFO in a simple queueing system with arbitrarily low loads, OR Letters, (37) 2009, 312-316.
23.J. G. Dai and T. Tezcan, Optimal Control of Parallel Server Systems with Many Servers in Heavy Traffic, Queueing Systems, (59), 2008, 95-134.
24.T. Tezcan, Optimal Control of Distributed Parallel Server Systems under the Halfin and Whitt Regime, Mathematics of Operations Research, (33) 2008, 51-90.
Former PhD students
Rajan Balaraman (co-advised with A. Seidman), first position: Assistant Professor, California State University.
Leon Cui, first position: Assistant Professor, Binghamton University.
Ozlem Yildiz, first position: Assistant Professor, University of Virginia.